Skip to main content

Guidelines for Requesting a Book Review Pt.1 (Accepted Genres,What To Include In Request For Review)

Book Review Guidelines Pt.1
Introduction to Oh My Bookness
Explanation of Review Request/Interview Request/Where Reviews Are Posted And Time Frame



I'm a Book Reviewer and Blogger, I do reviews on books that I have read, currently read and I also do reviews upon request from authors, independent authors, freelance authors/ writers,publishers, published authors, and request from publishers. I do reviews as well as interviews both upon request. Interviews I mostly do pon request in respect to the author, if I have worked with [said author] or their publishers, handlers, etc. more than once I will ask if the author would like to do a review based around requested book, ask about any upcomings, background for example. I suggest a intereview because it helps in promoting your current book as well as ones self as well as creates a more personal connection with the readers. If you would like to do a interview for a upcoming book,on your latest book, on your book and little about yourself and how you started along with other questions revolving around how you started for example. If you would like to do a interview, I will e-mail a set of questions to whom ever requested the book review.
If you have already done a interview and would like to use that, I can post it as long as its recent (within the last 3-6months). 

A book review depending on the length takes a month max, if there is not others before the following request that was made, the earliest it can be done is in within 3 weeks.When book review is finished a set of links to where the Book Review and/or Interview will be sent to whom requested the review. If I may be the Author directly or Publisher. Since the Interview is conducted before the book review, the interview will be posted first with a "look out" for a review of the book that has been requested with a date so audience will keep a eye out for it and also help gain attention to the author and works. This Allows the audience to see what other books may have been published or check out authors site to learn more about him/her.

 If you need a review done by a certain date to follow a release, or promote, or for whatever reason please make a request for a date with reasonable time to read and write and post the review to multiple social median sites and places like Amazon. All reviews  are posted to Oh My Bookness Social Media Sites:

Twitter: @ohmybookness

And if available to purchase on Amazon a review will be posted there as well. If you would like it posted to anywhere else let the reviewer, Oh My Bookness know when review is requested.


Popular posts from this blog

Guidelines for Requesting a Book Review Pt.2 (What to Include when Requesting Book Review)

Book Review Guidelines Pt.2What to Include When Requesting A Book Review

When requesting a review of your book, please include the following information:

Basic Information: -Name
-Contact Inforamtion
-What format of your book are you supplying for review; Digital or Print (I accept either form for reading, if it involves illustrations I do prefer physical copy so I can get a clear look at the detail and work that went into it and how it compliments and or adds to the book. This mostly applies to childrens books.)
 Again I accept either format digital or print(I do prefer print if you do not have the following formats I do accept as well. .Epub, .pdf, kindle. If you do not see your format up here please feel free to email me with any questions at bperezbookreviews@gmail.com 

-Is there a timeline for review to be finished? If no, you just have to include or say "I do not have a specific timeline for my review." I only ask if there is a timeline just in case author wants to have r…